Thursday, November 18, 2010

Coming Next: Our Thanksgiving Menu


So, for a preview of the recipes I will adapt (or already have adapted):


The Turkey has been ordered from Mary's Turkeys, a natural/organic turkey grower, and I plan to adapt the Alton Brown turkey brine recipe.

Sausage and Cornbread Stuffing - this is a recipe I am adapting from a recipe I found on www.food.com

Make My Own Mashed Potatoes – no acceptable recipe for this one due to the garlic allergies.

The Gravy recipe will come from another blog entitled Gluten FreeGirl and the Chef. 

I have already made Chicken Stock from a recipe on food.com.

Opal’s pumpkin pie is the BEST recipe EVER!!!! I am adapting this one from food.com.

The dairy free green bean casserole recipe is another adaptation from food.com.

Some of us are having cranberry sauce and rolls, but I cannot adapt one for my son due to his cranberry allergies and the rolls are too darn hard.

I am also going to make a pecan pie, and I made Dutch Apple Pie about three weeks ago and froze it.

So we are having a pretty good feast.


As a side note, in the past week I have adapted a Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe and Beef Stroganoff.


I have to go and take care of some stuff, but I will be back on later to post the actual recipes I plan on using.

No comments:

Post a Comment