- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons palm oil shortening
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1.5 cups grated Daiya Cheddar Cheese Substitute
- green onions
- Several pieces of bacon
- paprika Change Measurements: US | Metric
Total Time: 1 1/4 hr
- Open bacon and cook, either on the stovetop or in the oven.
- 1 In a small sauce pan, melt palm oil and blend in flour.
- 2 Let sit for a minute.
- 3 Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.
- 4 Season with salt and cayenne.
- 5 Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
- 6 Reduce heat and stir in cheese and green onions
- 7 Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
- 8 Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes.
- 9 Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
- Top with the bacon and some paprika for color.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350F.