Friday, January 7, 2011

Pineapple Preserves

I was a nut, and caught pineapples on sale right around Christmas.  10 for $10 ($1 a piece, yeah, I stocked up on 10 of them).  So I had 10 pineapples with which to do SOMETHING.  We decided on pineapple preserves.

Obviously, I got more than 20 oz of pineapple out of the bunch.  I probably made what would amount to $100 worth of preserves out of nine of the pineapples.  For about $18 (once you counted in sugar).  I ended up with nine batches worth of pineapple preserves.  It is very good.

http://www.food.com/recipe/award-winning-pineapple-preserves-226245

Ingredients:

Directions:

Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
  1. 1 Bring pineapple and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan and cook 20 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened or until the temperature reaches 200 degrees- jelly stage- on a thermometer.
  2. 2 Pour immediately into hot sterilized jars and process in a water-bath canner for 5 minutes. Place jars on a clean towel. Cover with towel to prevent drafts and let cool for 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment