Saturday, December 18, 2010

Roast Beef Dip Sandwiches - arriving at a Christmas near you!

Per my mom's family tradition, I make roast beef dip sandwiches for Christmas.  No fancy meal with a ham or turkey.  Think about it: it takes so long to prep yet ANOTHER complicated meal if you do the turkey or ham and trimmings.  It is MUCH easier to make sandwiches with shredded beef, cheese (or cheese sub), and hoagie rolls (or gfcf bread).  They are delicious, and the meat provides good meals for DAYS on end.  People can graze on these throughout the day. 

The way I did it in the past was to get a beef roast, and put it in with enough water to cover it.  Then I would chop up onions. Preferably cutting them into semi-circle strips.  Then I would throw in salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Better than Bullion beef base.  After that, you just cook it until the meat falls apart.  This year, I am going to have to make garlic-free beef base.  Once the meat is cooked and falls apart, serve on bread with cheese.  Obviously for the gfcf folks, use a gfcf bread and cheese sub. 

BTW, if you shop at Kroger or King Soopers (an affiliate of Kroger), they have pineapples 10 for $10. Yes, I bought 10.  Fresh pineapple is well-liked around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment